This week I am doing this thing called camp totem at my school. I am volunteering as a peer mentor. For the week incoming freshman will come and learn their way around and have lots of fun while also helping the school with lots of service projects. Yesterday was the first day. I got to meet my group or tribe of kids. There is one boy and 5 girls. I am really glad to have gotten the group I did cause they're really nice and fun. And the guy is not one of the guys who is too good to listen or too good too help, he actually participates. So do most of the girls except one. But, she's not coming back anyways. She didn't want to be there.
Yesterday we met our tribes and got to know each other. Then we went and made totem poles. After that we went around to different classes and had different sessions where we did different things like making mouse pads. Once we were done with all our sessions we went into the gym to do team building activities. We had to make marshmallow towers, but the peer mentors weren't allowed to help. I felt useless.
Today we worked on service projects. My grouped helped with painting benches for art in the courtyard and then we went on to help load old desks into a truck. My group was heavily praised by the art teachers. They couldn't believe how well our kids were cooperating. Honestly, I couldn't either. At least in comparison to some other groups. After we finally finished the service projects we went into the gym to do more team building activities. My team won! I was so proud especially considering we came in last the day before. We ended up winning for the whole day. I was so excited! I can't wait to go back tomorrow and hang out with my group, learn more stuff, earn more points, and just have fun!!
Welcome
Hi this is a blog dedicated to the life of me. Hope you enjoy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you, I think that is great you are being involved with your school...
Post a Comment